Maine coast with a touch of fog

I thoroughly enjoy the rocky coasts of Northern New England. For this morning visit to the Maine coast a touch of fog added nicely to the atmosphere.

5D3, 24-105 IS II @ 55 mm, 1/30 s, f/16, iso 100, tripod and polarizer (to bring out the colors in the rocks)

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Mark, although these rocks have some neat colors going on, for me it’s all about how rugged this stuff looks. I can only imagine what this shoreline would do to the hull of any ship, as well as the treachery of trying to navigate on foot across this area. I mean…Ouch !..:+1:

Mark,

I find the combination between the rugged terrain and the soft haze in the BG very very appealing. The sea grass on the tidepools adds interesting splash of colors to the image and it is somehow the leading line that brings me deeper into the image. I would, however, suggest desaturating the green trees on the UL corner to make it less distracting to the image.

Mark, real nice color in the rock, along with shapes and “grit”. I would agree with Adhika about toning down the greens.

I can feel the dampness in this one. My Maine man here has concocted a rugged scene with a moody misty background.

Rugged and beautiful, Mark. The fleeting atmospherics with the fog are the perfect counterpoint to the unyielding nature of the granite coastline of Maine. I try to get to Acadia once or twice a year, but I can’t remember the last time I was fortunate to catch some fog.