Maligne Lake Peak

I photographed this peak from the cruise boat on Maligne Lake taking us to Sprit Island in Jasper National Park.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback is welcomed.

Technical Details

Camera: Canon 5D Mark IV, Lens: EF28-300mm f/3.5-5.6L IS USM. Shutter Speed: 1/4000. Aperture: f/11. ISO: 400. Processed using Photoshop and Nik Silver Effects Pro.

2 Likes

Lovely image! The multiple diagonal lines are fabulous. To my eye it appears a tad bit oversharpened.

Beautiful image Robert! a very impressive peak and your B&W treatment works very well.

Dramatic image Robert. Nice B&W conversion. There is some nice symmetry in the scene. I would try cropping about half of the sky to enhance the symmetry and create a mirror image between the top and bottom half. Great details in the mountain.

Simply beautiful! I love the tones and the fantastic layers in this image. Simplicity at it’s best.

Thank you.

Thank you, I thought the B&W treatment gave the image a bit more drama.

Thank you.

Thank you, I will give the sky crop a try.

What a beautiful mountain, Robert. I think B&W was certainly the way to go. There is lots of contrast and detail. Great job. I think I might agree with @AndreDonawa about a small crop at the top.

Thank you, I cropped the sky about half and it did seem to

Thank you, I tried your idea of cropping some of the sky area , about half and was pleased with the result as it focuses the scene a bit more on the mountain.