Specific Feedback Requested

Any.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 90D, Sigma 150-600 C
ISO 640, f10, 1/1000s, hand held

@allensparks.wildlife
1 Like

Such a cute capture, Allen! I love the expression on his face! It looks like he’s not quite sure about this bug meal!

Allen, this is really a great image. He is just too cute! The timing was perfect to catch this little guy finding his meal and in the process of eating it. Lighting and details are superb!

Too cute! Nice image caught at just the right time. He almost looks like a kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar!

Ideally I’d like the full reflection here, but darn if it just isn’t too cute. I caught sight of a momma mallard leading her troop though the yard yesterday…the ducklings were about this age and just followed her through the woody bits to the river. No pics, just me doing a little ‘squee’ of cute overload venting. Great sharpness and detail, even in that poor beetle.

Large image is very clean with wonderful detail and color in what appears to be somewhat harsh light. I might remove some of the specular highlights, but that is a matter of personal preference.

Hi Allen
Very nice photograph and Vanessa is right, the duck does look like its not quire sure about eating this bug. Nice work on this color full photograph.
Peter

I didn’t know ducks ate bugs – but maybe this little guy is about to find out that they don’t?? Too cute, with great IQ. I wonder about raising the exposure a tad.