Mallard Family

I saw another set of ducklings at the neighborhood lake this week.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 90D, Sigma 150-600 C
ISO 640, f9, 1/1000s, hand held

@allensparks.wildlife
3 Likes

The angle on the first image is a bit more pleasing to my eye, Allen, though I think the depth of field worked a bit better on the second. Both are lovely images.

So dang cute. Hard to beat baby birds. I’m with Dennis. I prefer the first due to the angle. Really nice light, and good use of DOF.

Allen, what a beautiful family of Mallards. Love the reflections in the water as well, which I think makes the first image more my favorite.

1 Like

Hi Allen
Can’t beat a mother and her chicks. The color, detail and reflection are all good. I am going with the second photo, because of the lead chick.
Peter

Wonderful find and execution! I love the first for being more unusual, with the reflections adding a wonderful touch.

Hi Allen! So sweet! I really like the top photo the best because they’re all facing you and in a tight little cluster and they’re reflected in the water! The lighting seems better too. Nice capture!

The first image is a bit stronger because of the tight cluster of birds and the nice reflections. It is more common to see a family of ducks more spread out but this mother appears to have a tight connection with her very young ducklings. Color, composition and exposure are all very pleasing.

So incredibly adorable,Allen. The soft lighting is what caught my eyes at first. Then the great detail in the feathers and the composition complete this fantastic photo. Very nicely seen and captured.