Mallard with ducklings

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Mama mallard seen with ducklings on Thursday at the neighborhood lake.

Specific Feedback

Any. I like the way the ducklings were highlighted by the blue water.

Technical Details

Canon 90D, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary
ISO 2500, f11, 1/1600s, hand held

Processed in DXO Pure Raw 3 then Photoshop

2 Likes

They do show up well in mom’s wake. It’s so hard to get them with any separation sometimes and this is pretty good. I especially like the one with its head tilted up some. Adds a bit of jaunty attitude. Nice kids, that’s quite a feat and I like how she’s keeping an eye on you. Good catch.

I do like the way they line up in the blue wake, Allen and you managed eye contact with every one of them, which is highly unusual. The bill behind mom’s tail in the first one is the only thing I’d ask you models to correct. Darn kids never do take direction.

What is not to love about this adorably classic photo, Allen? Nicely seen and captured, thanks for sharing and making my day.

HI Allen
Is this what they mean by having you ducks in a row? Mom’s head turn, stated ok that your photograph, we are in perfect order, but this is alway one kid in the back of the class showing off. Very nice shot, with good detail and color.
Peter

Allen, what is not to love about this beautiful family having a nice day at the lake. The babies do show up well in the blue wake. The babies are adorable. Great capture!

A family of love and trust! :slight_smile:
Eight little ducklings in a row; following mama knowing not where they go.
Mama ‘must’ lead the way; eight little ducklings showing their trust.
With eight little ducklings in tow, it’s always important to keep your ducks in a row.

Ha!, I ran out of words. :smiley:

Great family shot! :slight_smile:

The whole scene is really pleasing to view. That’s all I have. :slight_smile: