Maple

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 7D, 10-22 @ 11, 1/320 @ f14, ISO 400.

One of a series of maples growing on a rise at the old English country estate of Lyme Park in Cheshire.

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Another impressive studied composition, you likely have studied composition?

Great handling of dynamic range with the sun directly overhead. I guess you just have great light quality in England because all your images are this way.

I noticed that to, great light or processing skill. Very unusual to see that.

Your image. Has wonderful luminosity Ian.

Beautiful, Ian. I am not sure why but the shadow of the tree on the ground really makes this image for me. Excellent portrait of this grand tree.

Great composition, and great processing on this one Ian. What impresses me most about this series is how consistent the processing, color, etc is from shot to shot. The ability to get luminosity like this out of mid-day shots is very impressive.

Ian, What a wonderful scene this is. Such an inviting look and feel.

Ian,

Wow! For something so simple as an image of a tree in the English countryside… this is spectacular. Like Harley, the shadow really stands out for me. In fact, the only real nit/suggestion I have would be to have just a skosh more room at the bottom for that shadow. As presented though, still a wonderfully beautiful image.

Is it me, or does the tree look a little crunchy? Perhaps it’s just the spacing of the leaves, the back lighting, etc. Not preventing me from truly enjoying this pastoral scene.

Lon

This is a beautiful image, Ian. You have excellent light, and obviously you took great care in composing it. And good that you took advantage of the perfect weather conditions. It’s a fine addition to your countryside collection.

Ian, you’re proving that great landscape images do not have to be taken in the so called golden hours. Great shot. No nits.
:vulcan_salute:

Ian, it’s a beautiful day and a beautiful tree. Definitely inviting me to go for a walk.

Thanks @stevenm @Igor_Doncov @Ed_McGuirk @Lon_Overacker @Michael_Lowe @Eva_McDermott @Harley_Goldman @Nick_Bristol @Bill_Leggett @Michael_Lowe @Mark_Seaver for the kind comments and many thanks for the Pick !