Meadowhawk

I think these are Autumn meadow-hawks, but I wasn’t sure

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

Hi Eddie, nice find on these dragonflies - I rarely see these. All three are fine takes with the third one being my favorite - great background, good sharpness and I like the perch. Nice overall composition. In the first image, I think you could try burning down some of the brighter areas on the perch. I like the topside view in the second image even though the background is a little busier - still a nice frame. Well done.

There are 4 species of orange skimmers in South Central US and this is possibly Needham’s skimmer. I like the third version which has the best composition out of all 3. Well done…Jim

Eddie, what a pretty colored dragonfly. All three images are nice, but I too believe I like the 3rd one the best. The green and orange are nice together.

Nice captures - dragonflies are a challenge to persuade to pose, so we take what we can get. I wonder on the first one if the discussion about linear profiles would make it easier to tame the brightest areas on the perch – it there is a profile for your camera.