Merced Violence

Actually there wasn’t that much violence on the water that day but the slow shutter speed made it look so. This was part of a study of water movement I did several years ago. Shot at 1/4 second to get the blur wanted.

2 Likes

Igor, I think the amount of motion captured here is perfect. A clean sense of movement, with lots of smaller structures showing very well. Looks like a great spot to sit quietly watching and listening…

A very interesting composition, Igor. I am quite intrigued by your choice to put the rock quite near the top of the frame. It is unorthodox but I believe that it works quite well here. I wouldn’t have thought of that in the field.

Perfect shutter speed - you captured the movement and energy of the water. The visual tension between the rocks and the opposing water is good.

Excellent choice of shutter speed Igor. A great sense of motion without smoothing it into nothingness.

Beautiful Igor. The 1/4 second shutter speed gives the image a “painterly” feel. Very nice.

Igor, this is really beautiful. I think the blur makes the water perfectly complement the stalwart boulders! The water has nice action and play around those boulders, yet is nicely blurry at the same time. Plus the two tones work nicely together. Good job!

Igor,

LOVE this - right up my alley of course and so I’m naturally drawn to and impressed by this. I haven’t been very active, but had to drop in and comment here.

What I first came to observe was what I perceive as almost a randomness to the flow of water; it’s like the water is flowing in multiple directions. I think part of that effect is due to the shutter speed and resulting water motion. Whatever it is, I’m really enjoying this. AND the colors/processing are spot on.

Beautifully seen and captured.

Lon