A very beautiful and cold morning in a local preferred spot
(last day with Nikon D7100)

Specific Feedback Requested

All C/C welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D7100
Nikon 18-105

This is a fine foggy morning to behold. I really like the way the image fades off into the mist. I might back off the saturation of the foreground grasses a little, as they tend to hold my attention more than I prefer, but fairly minor.

OMG this is gorgeous. I would have stopped for it, too. I found whatever is going on behind the trees just above and to the left of the yellow bush kind of weird so I cloned them out and then used the patch tool to borrow from the other trees in the image and blended it in.

Also cropped a bit of the bottom because as Harley said, my eyes were stuck there too long. Also boosted texture, clarity and color a teeny bit. Hope you don’t mind. It really is a lovely scene.

Agree with the above…a lovely image. Great conditions and mood. I see what Harley says about the saturation in the foreground. But I do like how the procession of saturation through the image does add to the depth—higher closer to the front and getting less saturated in the background. Maybe just backing off slightly would accomplish what he recommends while maintaining the depth.

The thing that stuck out to me is the bush in the mid ground at the right of the image. To me it feels a bit out of place and has quite a bit of weight, pulling my eye that rightward. It would be a nice element if there was more room between it and the edge of the frame. You might be able to crop it to a square from the right and eliminate the bush altogether or crop from the left to allow the bush more room in a relative manner to the rest of the frame. Or maybe I’m making a mountain out of a mole hill. Would be interested to see if others see it as having as much visual weight as I did when first viewing.

Thanks for sharing!