ISO speed rating: 1600

Exposure time: 1/1600 s
F number: 4.0
Exposure program: Manual
ISO speed rating: 200

3 Likes

My! Nailed that one.

Beauties. Great job.

Eduard, it is not easy capturing butterflies in flight. I think I have managed to pull it off once where I was really satisfied with the image. Not much to focus on, and they flutter around so quickly. But you managed to get a couple of shots that look pretty good. Nice details in the butterflies.

1 Like

Thanks. Dragonflies in flight are another super challenging subject

1 Like

Great shots - especially the second one with blurred background. I’d be very interested to learn which camera and lens you used, Eddie.

Thanks. I use an Olympus EM1 Mk II. For my insect and flower photos, I mainly use the 40-150mm F2.8 lens. I also use the 300mm F4 and 1.4 TC, but those are mainly for bird and other wildlife.

Eduard: Welcome to NPN in general and to Macro in particular. I like both images and applaud your success with both. On the first I think having the grass head on the same plane of focus as the butterfly is a huge plus. The BG is busy and I might be tempted to tone it down in PS but the initial capture is superb. On the second I love the position of the butterfly relative to the flower. My only suggestion for improvement there would be to crop a touch from the top and right. Great to have you aboard and looking forward to more of your work. >=))>

Eduard, both shots look great. I agree with Bill about toning down the background a bit in the first post, especially the magenta flowers.

Awesome catch! It’s my goal to get a butterfly in flight one day!