More Desert Floor Abstracts

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I just couldn’t stop myself! I kept shooting them even though I had a handful in the bag already…This one for me was really all about the branches in the middle. The shifts in color and light added a second element of interest that I really enjoyed. This was a single frame that felt a bit empty at the top so I cropped to a panorama.

Specific Feedback

Colors are tough on these sometimes. I had one that I really really liked that I posted a while ago and just couldn’t seem to match the others to it. Maybe that is a skill to continue working on, consistency in images shot in the same place at relatively the same time. It is a bit strange to have an image the “reads” from right to left as this one does, I guess I could flip it but not sure if that would really improve it. Always open to other comments / suggestions.

Technical Details

ISO 100, f/16, 1/200sec, 400mm

I like the fact that I wouldn’t know what I was looking at if you hadn’t said so. Interesting patterns and flow to the image.
:metal:

I appreciate that @Michael_Lowe a little mystery now and then is a good thing I suppose! Thanks for checking it out.

David,
Very interesting image with a wonderful color palette. At first glance I thought I was looking at a beach scene with rivulets of water in the sand. This does definitely has a right to left flow as you mentioned. Nicely done; no suggestions from me.

Eye-catching flow of BW through color. I like that I can’t really tell the scale.

@Ed_Lowe @John_Williams Thank you for the feedback!

1 Like