More Greater Yellowlegs

A series of images with the most common shorebird I see in my neighborhood. I live very close to one of the inlets in Puget Sound. This is Henderson Inlet. Adjacent to this area is an oyster farm owned by one of the tribes. The oysters attract many waterfowl and shorebirds. This inlet is home to many Bufflehead’s, common merganser’s, mallards, widgeon’s, pintails, scaups, scoter’s, and of course Canada geese. In addition we have many great blue Heron’s, seasonal Osprey, bald eagles, and the occasional turkey vulture. In over 10 years of living in this area, I have seen one loon, one great Egret, one green Heron. Interesting that most of the waterfowl I see our repeat visitors.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
First image is ISO 160, second is ISO 800, third image is ISO 640. All images taken with 400 mm +1.4 extender, Sony Alpha one, F4 .5, 2000th, all images are around 50 to 60% of full frame

1 Like

Excellent series, David. One of my favorite birds. I can never get very close to them, so all my shots are heavy crops. I like the action that you’ve captured here.

I like all of them, but my favorite is the third one because of the reflection.

Hi Divid
This is vary nice series of shot and I agree with Jim on the third shot , with the Yellowlegs reflection.
Peter

Nice series David! I like the first image best with the raised foot and the head turn. All are intriguing though. Nice exposure and details. Fine captures.

All nice images. I’d go with the first one for the raised leg and overall pose.