More Sound Than Fury

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I was in a vehicle which was ahead of this trio of lions that were walking along a road. They stopped and lied down in a bit of shade. At that point, I lowered my shutter speed and upped the aperture to account for the separation in the trio. Then with no warning, this very brief scuffle which consisted mostly of snarls and roars erupted. The guide thought it was an example of the male on the left showing dominance. Although a few of the photos were sharp, the lesson learned here was to allow for the unexpected.

Technical Details

1/400, f/11 and Auto ISO.

2 Likes

Hi Richard !
You have a killer frame here and female on the left adds to the story !
Only thing I wished for is a wider canvas, but I understand that quick moment like this takes you by surprise.

Great picture Richard, it has an almost painted quality. It captures the action well and the female helps to set the scene.
You are so right about allowing for the unexpected, especially on a game drive.

Richard, what an intense capture here. Outstanding all around. Congratulations.

J Rajput, Ryan and David: Thanks for having commented. Your comments are appreciated. Richard

Wow! Animals are so unpredictable and from quiet to a little spat, it just happens. What an amazing image and I’m so glad you were able to capture it! The emotion on their faces are just priceless. Thank you for sharing this with us!

Judi: thanks for commenting and I’m glad that you enjoyed the image.

This is an intense image Richard. Looking at the expressions on their faces, it looks like the male in the middle is wincing from the roar in his ear.