Morning Burn Off

I have never submitted a photograph for the weekly challenge but I couldn’t resist this one - fog. My favourite environmental feature :grin: I’m working through the photographs I took last Fall in Algonquin Park and this is one of those. A beautiful morning about a week before peak colour. There’s nothing like rolling out of my sleeping bag to be greeted by a dawn like this. Naturally, I’m interested to know what feelings or impressions this image elicits for you.

3 Likes

My immediate emotional response is excitement. Perhaps it’s the photographer in me, but I immediately associate myself being in this situation. It’s a dream come true. There is also a feeling of awe, of being privileged enough to enjoy this beautiful scene, but also “damn hopefully I don’t screw this exposure.” In hindsight, it’s probably akin to “not seeing the forest for the trees.”

I can’t see anything I could improve to this image other than recommending you to print, frame, and hang this. Thanks for sharing this beautiful image with us.

Beautiful dreamy image, with a strong sense of mystery. Love the fog and the colors. Really nice work, Kerry.

Kerry, this is a lovely look at fog. The mix of cloud (I’m guessing mist) at the bottom, a fine collection of tree lined ridges and the golden glow in the fog at the top make a magical scene. The gentle kiss of sun on the left hand ridge is a special addition.

For me, on one hand, this scene has a very calming feel. On the other hand, I feel like there is an exciting adventure out there somewhere in the mist. Looks like a place I would want to be. Very nice image Kerry, thanks for sharing it.

I love images like this. The setting, the quality of light, and the simple composition all present a wonderful mood. I have taken similar shots in my area, and for many of my local photographic peers, they would have ignored this image for being too plain. You have a good eye for seeing what many others (at least in my experience) miss. I agree with the others- print it and frame it!