Morning in the Tetons

After almost 2 years of abstaining from air travel, I finally visited the Grand Tetons last month. And was glad I did. The image was taken one morning under colorful skies and during some ground fog below the mountains.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
This is a single shot image, not a composite or panorama. It was taken with Sony A7Riii mirrorless camera, Tamron 28-200mm lens, ISO 100, 1.6 sec at f/10 using a tripod. Post processing was done in LR, PS and Luminar AI edit functions.

@IzzyKap1
1 Like

Hey Izzy, the Tetons are one of my favorite places. Nice image here. I like the way you’ve balanced the mountains with the tree in the foreground. The color balance in the foreground looks great, but the background, the mountains look a bit blueish to me…I like the ground fog in the background too. Nice!

Hi David, I think that you were right and I have desaturated some blues and cyans from the mountains using luminosity color masking.

1 Like

Oh, much better sir. Nicely done.

Izzy, you’ve got a nice visual balance here with the tree, pond and mountains. The color adjustment in your repost is a nice improvement. You found an interesting viewpoint, that is nicely “not the usual”.

The RP is nice – I’d try for a little more contrast in the blues.

The decreased saturation in the rework helps showcase the more delicate pastel tones of twilight. I like that you chose to show a lot of the mid-ground in this composition, it adds a lot to the images appeal for me. The splash of yellow in that mid-ground is very important to the image. Nicely done Izzy.

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions.