Morning On Eva's Falls #2

This is a tighter view than I posted earlier. This was taken moments before sunlight touched the foreground rocks.

Nikon D-7100
Nikkor DX 16-85mm

Your thoughts are always appreciated. :smile:
–P

Hey Preston,

I love the sharpness in the rocks, as it gives a good sense of the roughness. I like smooth water more than the sharp water that you have depicted. I guess I like water in a photo that is more suggestive than literal. But that’s just me.

I think this is a very nice little vignette of the waterfall. I am of two minds about the smoothness of the water. Perhaps, smoother water on the vertical fall but I don’t think you should have more on the pool itself.

This is a nice straightforward direct view of the waterfalls. I’m not sure about the small willow on the right. I don’t feel it’s well integrated into the scene. It has an ‘oh by the way’ feel to it.

Preston,

Beautiful and intimate view of Eva’s Falls. I know how many times you’ve been here and how many times we’ve stopped to photograph here - and I never tire of this place.

I continues to amaze me and I suspect others experience this as well, how 2 or more photogs can be viewing the same subject, same location, same time and literally be standing next to each other - yet can come away with completely different photographs. Must of had my back turned and working on a different comp cause I don’t remember you being set up for this.

Of course it doesn’t matter… but what matters is what you saw and captured. And this works beautifully. I especially like how you included the foreground rock - and vegetation. I can see Igor’s comment about the willow on the right. I think you’ve included enough that we know it’s on purpose. If anything, my only wish here would be for a tad more room on the right - which is where the outflow of the pool is headed… But that’s pretty minor.

The shutter speed works nicely throughout leaving enough texture and detail in both the falls and the pool. I too could see more and longer flow of the cascade which require some blending if you didn’t want the whitewater in the pool to wash out. But I think you’ve captured a good compromise with the single frame.

Lon

Hi Preston - I like this tighter view. The boulders provide a natural frame and love the long exposure on the water.