Morning Sunlight

This was a fine morning as the sun was just lighting up the dunes. The blues are already backed off and I experimented with bringing them down further, but found I preferred this warm/cool look. The color also adds another dimension to the layering of sand formations, light and color.

D850, 70-200mm

5 Likes

Beautiful photo, Harley. I’m especially drawn to the lit up middle part with the shadows made by the wavy dunes. Nice subtle colors too.

Another strong addition to your dune collection Harley. I actually like the intensity of the indigo blue in the top, it’s dark luminosity really makes the ridge line pop. The wavy shadows really grab your attention too. What’s interesting is the juxtaposition of lower contrast in the bottom half, and high contrast in the top half, it too makes the ridgeline pop.

An extremely minor nitpick, I’d clone away the small black spot on the top edge, 1/4 of the way from the left.

This is wonderful

Love this one

I am loving these dune images. The warm/cool color contrast is part of what makes this image work.

To me it is perfection !!

I think this is gorgeous and love the colors! For me, I find the UR a little too attractive, as the contrast there pulls my eye. I wonder about just a little less contrast in that dark area? Or maybe there are two images here – a crop from the top to remove most of the dark area, and then another different image with a crop about 1/3 of the way up from the bottom where the brightest dunes can be played against that lovely dark area.

Thanks for your thoughts on this one, @Vanessa_Hill , @joaoquintela , @Ben_van_der_Sande , @Ed_McGuirk , @DeanRoyer and @Diane_Miller . Diane, interesting thought on the UR, I will play with it a bit and see how it works for me. Much appreciated.