Motion

What makes this image expressive?

When I was seeing, I came in contact with myself. Just like this human body is always in motion similarly I was at peace when I saw the above seen in Wawa county at Lake Superior that what is in front of my eyes is also in motion just like this human body. What is inside of me is outside of me. Everything is moving towards the five elements. Feeling of oneness was noted and I clicked!

Specific Feedback Requested

Do feel that luminosity gradient is noted?

1 Like

Welcome to NPN Vipul!
This is a great scene!
In my opinion, you’ve pushed the blacks a bit too far in processing, especially in the upper left. It doesn’t make sense in my opinion to have such a drastic difference between the right part of the sky and the left, so I’d back off on the blacks a bit especially up there and down below and at far right. Nice work!

A very warm welcome to NPN Vipul and what a striking entry you have made. Images are complete in themselves; everything that is contained within the 4 walls is there, and cannot be hidden. Therefore, it is like the human body - we live with our fears, our love, our hope and our sadness and decline. All is there to be seen.

When someone walks into a room, what do they see first, eye makeup, a hairstyle, a bright shirt, or unusual piece of clothing. We will notice something and that something will always be on our mind. We cannot unseen what we first notice.

The first thing I truly noticed in your image was the very deep black of the sky in the top left; this is not a case of good or bad, right or wrong, it is just there is a consequence.

I feel the lightness of the rest of the scene very refreshing; an energy made up of the beautiful flowing water, and the jagged foreground boulders. For me personally, the top left corner of sky is too dark. Think of a line in the sand, where you can walk up to and everything is safe, then there is a place where if you step you stand on a poisonous creature and get stung. The sky has crossed the line and becomes very dominant.

I would like to walk into this room and feel the lightness of your heart, the joy of your relationship with Mother Earth and your love for the energy flowing through her.

I can assure you that if you reduce the darkness of that top left sky, the image will sing like your heart…

Many thanks for posting the image…

Hello Alister,
Thank you. I did lighten up the sky on the left side and then I printed 13 x 19 Carson Rag matte paper via piezography black and white ink and I was blown away by it! The detail in the foreground was just amazing!
By the way I love your e book called Luminosity and contrast! I must have read it three times! I now use that method to do dodging and burning with TK8. It is simple and quick. Love the masterclass for doing and burning too. Next is for me to learn creative black white processing, which I have yet to buy!
Sincerely,
Vipul

1 Like

Hello Matt,
thank you for giving honest opinion. I lighten up the sky with dodging and It became a wow moment for me. I then printed on 13 x 19 Matt Carson Rag paper via piezography balckand white inks!
Thank you
vipul

Excellent, delighted to hear that…