Mud Peel

Image:

Description:

I did just release a gallery entirely of small scenes of the southwest, so here is just one favorite! It’s some peeling mud in a desert wash at twilight.

Specific Feedback Requested:

Nothing in particular

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Single exposure from a tripod

9 Likes

Brent, this is a great look at this dried mud. (How ironic it feels to praise a view of mud… :laughing:) The peels, shapes and colors fit together very well here.

2 Likes

The peeled mud and formations look like flower, Brent, at least to me. Love all the shapes, lines and textures. Nicely seen.

1 Like

Cool shot. I like the texture, color, and geometry here. Well seen and photographed.

1 Like

Very unusual sight here Brent and something I’m not likely to see in New England, ha ha. Composition and lighting are just right and the peels are set off nicely by the violet mud beneath. Who knew mud could be so beautiful!

1 Like

Very fun, unique shot, Brent. The bright, colorful curls are very interesting. Makes me wonder what made the curls and mud this color. I grew up in Albuquerque and did some playing around the Rio Grande River. I remember seeing a lot of mud cracks and curls, but they were always very brown. Nicely seen.

1 Like

Thanks! This was in an area with a lot of red badlands and earth, and it was taken during blue hour.

Ahh, that makes sense. Thanks for letting me know this.

An amazing image of peeling mud, I like it a lot! The colors are amazing and so is the structure and pattern created by the cracks and the peeling mud. I have just one minor comment, personally I am not that found of having two crack lines meeting right at the border as in two places at the third points of the upper border.

1 Like

Thanks Ola! I definitely agree about the cracks near the edge. I play with crops quite a bit on my images and this one felt the most balanced overall, despite those imperfections.

1 Like

Splendid image Brent! I love the two tones of red/purple and the peeling mud that creates the impression of petals… Also the pattern of cracks adds further texture to the image. Beautiful!

1 Like

How many ways do I love this?!!! I’ve never imagined mud cracks these colors (my favorite colors.) The whole scene looks like flower petals. Wonderful image!

1 Like

This is wonderful on so many levels

1 Like

This is really good. That is all.

1 Like

This is simply drop-dead gorgeous!! Congratulations on the EP – so well-deserved!

1 Like

Gorgeous, Brent! The pastel colors, wonderful textures, soft light, patterns…this has it all. I love it!

1 Like