Mustang

What technical feedback would you like if any?

any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

any

Any pertinent technical details:

D3400, ISO 1600, 1/25 sec, f unknown, 85mm prime manual

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

A cool idea for photographing a go-fast car, Michael. You sure got plenty of blur. I find the disappearance of the tires fascinating. I didn’t know they made a hovercraft model. The only thing I see that might use improvement is that my visual cortex is having trouble distinguishing the direction of motion. I have to stop and do it analytically, which I think lessens the impact. There’s an interesting technique that’s used that fires the flash just before the shutter curtain starts closing (second curtain flash, if I recall the name correctly). It has the effect of superimposing a sharp image at the end of the streak which adds directionality to the image. You might want to investigate the technique. I’ve never used it, but I have seen some results and they’re pretty cool.

thanks Dennis, its hard to get the exposure right when on this Hw the car could have a speed of 35mph or 70mph. I am familiar with rear curtain sync and may try it next time however triggering a flash at a person you don’t know in a passing car could be a problem … around here anyway :slight_smile:

Good point, Michael. I hadn’t thought about the guy in the car’s reaction.

Nice impression of speed, Michael !

thanks Ian