Nature's recycler's

I think this cluster of small mushrooms is Atheniella aurantiidisca. They were quite striking covering a fallen tree in the Great Smoky Mountain National Forest. This is a 15 shot stack where I wanted to capture a mix of the tree, the moss, and the mushrooms while giving some idea that this is a small section of a much larger collection of mushrooms on a fallen tree.

5D3, 180mm macro L, 0.6 s, f/16, iso 200, tripod and cable release

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

A truly delightful little scene! Lacking only fairies. I might reduce the purple saturation a bit in the tree bark.

:+1::+1:…Mark, excellent little world “landscape” profile if you will. A truly wonderful find here and very nicely photographed, processed, and presented…:sunglasses:
Only thought for change is possibly bringing down the highlights slightly for another look see. Just a thought…:thinking:

Mark, this is truly a delightful scene, as Ronald has said. I’m enjoying the many repetitions of shapes and colors throughout the scene of these tiny mushrooms.

Mark,

Really a great scene of this little forest in a miniature world. Wonderful work!

Hi Mark, wonderful look at these tiny mushrooms! Love the stems seeming like tentacles. Colors look great to me. Very nicely done!

Mark: What a great find and a superb capture. Many kudos! :+1::+1:>=))>