Nest Building

I watched 2 Blue jays for about an hour building their nest. I wanted to show the activity of the Jays building a new home

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.
  • Conceptual: Feedback on the message and story conveyed by the image.
  • Emotional: Feedback on the emotional impact and artistic value of the image.
  • Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

I wanted to show what the Jays were doing flying in and out of the thick brush collecting the right material for their spring nest

Technical Details

Nikon D810 1/640 sec F5.6 ISO400

1 Like

I think you accomplished your goal, Nelson. Clearly the bird is in nest-building form. A nice environmental image.

1 Like

Thank you for taking some time to review my image!

Oh I really like this. The business of the bird and the environment work together very well. I love blue jays and think their behavior so interesting and fun to watch. Since I was struck by some of the flowing lines in the brush I took this into Photoshop and did a quick crop to emphasize the framing elements of those and also to remove some distractions with the clone/heal brush. Then I ran an action in the TK8 panel to find the most saturated colors - the blues - and take them down a bit since they seemed a bit much to me. Hope you don’t mind, I couldn’t resist such a beauty!

1 Like

Thank you and i do not mind. I have not worked with the tk panels yet. I need to look into them Thank you