Nevis Monkey

These little guys run wild all over the island of Nevis in the Caribbean. They are African Green Vervet Monkeys originally bought to the island as pets in the 17th or 18th century. This one was nice enough to stop and pose for me.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? I almost always vignette my wildlife portraits, What do you think?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: 1/100 sec f/5.6 ISO 400. Nikkor 28 -300 3.5-5.6 @ 300mm

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

kellyireland1955

Kelly; I like the pose and also the expression on the little guys face. The vignette effect seems subtle enough, doesn’t bother me. Nice capture.

Hi Kelly !

It’s a cool looking back pose from Vervet Monkey with some nice details in the face.
But I’m seeing some blueish / magenta cast on the face and the contrast seems to be on the higher side.