Purple faced Leaf Monkey

Captured this at “Diyasaru” wetland park, Colombo Sri Lanka as portrait and thought of sharing with wider group.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.
  • Emotional: Feedback on the emotional impact and artistic value of the image.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

As a frequent visitor to the park so many times I observed their behaviors. I personally love the angel and eye contacts of the monkey. I wanted comments and suggestions on the area where I have done good and areas for further improvements.

Technical Details

Canon 7 D Mark II with 100-400 mm lens. Aperture = f/8, shutter speed = 1/40, ISO =640, focal length = 400 mm. Did some minor adjustment in sharpening the using PS.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing!

I love this composition and the colours. Unfortunately it is so soft it only works on my small phone screen not on my computer. I see that your shutter speed and ISO are very low. I have learned that with my 100 to 500 zoom I need to use at least 1/500s even for a portrait. And then I use the denoise in Lightroom if necessary. I hope this is helpful! I would love to see more pictures from you from your part of the world.

Hi Thiraviyam !
You already have some good suggestions from @Robena.Sirett !
You surely need higher shutter speed and may try some support a monopod or tripod.