Night Bandit

My buddy has a deck has lots of critters hanging around. We sat out there one night, me with my camera, and him with his flashlight waiting for something to show up. My pal lit this guy up with his flashlight so my camera could find it to focus on. Pow! It worked. D500, 1/250th, f/8.0, ISO 400, 210mm, cropped to 5241 x 3494, flash, hand held

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Any pertinent technical details:

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Nice use of the flash, Dave, and I like your composition. Very good detail in the raccoon.

Great catch! Sweet pose, nice detail and great eye contact.
The head and cheat are a bit bright, to me, and I’d like to see a bit more room below the tail - but a very nice image.
S

Great techs and wonderful frame of this nocturnal creature. I agree a touch more room at the bottom would help. I may burn the bright leaves on the LHS.

Agreed about the bottom of the crop. That was all that was in the frame. It probably wouldn’t be that hard to clone in some more tree bark across the bottom to give its tail some more breathing room. Thanks, as usual for you guy’s valued input.

Grasshopper

Okay, I’ve added a touch to the bottom, and dimmed the leaves on the left as suggested. I think it helped.