Northern Shovelers

These were taken at the local sewage pond. I was in the car and they were below me, not too far away. The foreground rocks are unfortunate, but not much I could do about it.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Canon 7DII; Sigma 150-600 at 435 mm; 1/800 at f7.1 ISO 320.
Processed in LR and PS. I cropped a tad off the top and add a bit of canvas on the left.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

I actually quite like this one! The matching poses are great. I actually don’t mind the out of focus rocks in front, gives it a different look. That being said, I feel it would benefit from a bit more room on the bottom, but that may not be an option with those rocks, so it’s kinda a tough one.

Hello Allen! I like your image alot. Ducks seem to do a lot of snoozing and this captures the moment perfectly. I’m happy with the image just as it is. Lighting nice, sharp, unobtrusive bgnd.

Jim

A nice composition, Allen and I love the underwater look at the feet of the male. One thing you could do about the foreground rocks (which I struggle to remember in the field) is to refocus on them after finishing with the birds and then do a composite image.

Nice work.

I like the look and the color of these two snoozing Shovelers. Nice point of view. Fiber going to do anything I might brighten it up half a stop by using the shadow slider, white plumage is perfect.

Nice capture of this napping pair. Besides the suggestions above, I might try brightening the eyes a tad on both birds.