Not sure if I should put this in here or landscape as it sort of works for both

This was taken a few weeks back in Yellowstone. It is a pano stitch handheld with my 100-400mm.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Hi Drew,

I think that this image fits nicely into the Wildlife category. I really like the background and the pano format. Well done…Jim

A terrific pano, very nicely executed !
Minimum color in the image simplifies it and makes it very effective.
Animalscape fits very well here in this gallery.
BTW this can be a strong b&W too.

Very nice pano. Getting a good grouping and having them mostly in that darker ground makes it.

Very well done, Drew. Definitely appropriate in Wildlife. This is a fine take to include the thermals as a backdrop - a classic Yellowstone winter presentation. Welcome, looking forward to more from you.

Welcome to NPN, Drew. This is an excellent composition. The milled up patch works very well to contain the bison and I love the background. A lovely image.

The pano crop works wonderfully to accentuate the open range favored by bison. I love the brown and white treatment with the fog showing some surprisingly warm light and the bison crowding around the prime grazing spot. Very nicely done. I have no ideas for improvement. If pressed, I would consider taking a tish off the top, but I have to say, I kind of like that it fades to thin air at the top of the frame.
ML

1 Like