Oahu Night

From January of 2016. We spent a week in a beach front condo in the Makaha area. I think we were up on the 4th or 5th floor. With the early sunsets and late sunrises from my standards anyhow, I indulged in some night photography from the balcony. The point to the left is lit by the lights from the condo.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Anything.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

5DIII, EF28-70 f/2.8 @ 47 mm, tripod and cable release, f/8, 47 sec, iso 3200. Noise reduction using Neat Image. Played a bit with color balance due to odd hue of the outside lights.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Dennis, you have a fine balance between the human lights and the star light. The two or three lights from boats adds balance in the lower right and the misty surf creates a good touch of action.

It’s refreshing to see a night sky that’s not astrophotography.

Dennis: I’ve done little night photography but I like this. I especially like the star trails resulting from the long shutter speed and wonder how things would turn out at lower ISO and longer SS yet. Reminds me that I need to consider this kind of image in the future. >=))>