Oak Cluster

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This is the same cluster of acorns and leaves as my last post just laid against the old bandana.

Specific Feedback

I was processing this as color and when I started looking at luminosity masks, I really liked some of the higher lights masks. I started with by exporting the lights 3 mask as a pixel layer and then did some fine tuning in LR. I like the dark metallic look.

Technical Details

Sony A7Riv, FE 70-200 f4 macro @ 90 mm, tripod, 7 image stack at f/20, 1/10, iso 1000, 2 sec timer. Processed in PS & LR CC. Cropped to 6990x6462.

3 Likes

Dennis, you are outdoing yourself!! Before i read you comment of a metallic look, my first thought was that this looks like a bronze sculpture! Simply gorgeous!! I love the way the leaves lay across the folds in the bandana and the light you got in it!

This is a frame and hang! In a high-end gallery!

Woah, this is so interesting. You definitely rang the metal bell with this one. :metal: Is it the same leaf duo as the one with all the acorns? Our little sprigs don’t disconnect so artfully here. So much texture and I really like the way the light brings out the texture and modeling in the leaves and acorns. Super job and very creative. You’re on a roll.

Hi Kris. It is the same. I’m suspecting it was separated by a critter, but I’m no sure.

I love it !!! Really nice Tone !!!

Not sure how I missed this one, Dennis. Very nice B&W image. Worthy of the Editor’s Pick!

Exquisite Dennis; I too had missed this. Congratulations!

Beautiful black and white. Nice tones and dynamics. Square works well.