Obscure Bird Grasshopper

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I saw this large grasshopper with a funny name at the local botanic gardens.

Specific Feedback

Any

Technical Details

Canon 90D, 70-200 f2.8L IS II, 1.4x extender II
ISO 2500, f20, 1/400s, hand held

Processed in DXO Pure Raw 3 and Photoshop

Funny name indeed. I wonder what made people go with that one. I like the angle on this one and you have some good detail in those wings. Grasshoppers always startle the hell out of me when they fly up when I’m getting near them. Crazy things. Did you happen to notice if that right leg was intact? Looks like the lower bit of it might be missing, but it’s hard to tell. I like the clinging pose and that stripe down the back is cool too.

Wonderful sharpness and detail and the next perfectly color-coordinated BG! I wonder about cloning out the leaf scar as it pulls my eye more than I like.

That is a great and unique angle of this subject. Everything looks great. I wasn’t sure about the highlights on the right side of the left, but it seems ok because the subject stands out so well.

Excellent shot of this grasshopper, Allen. The detail is outstanding and I like the angle you got.

This is an excellent look at this grasshopper. Strange name and does make me wonder how the name came about. I like the way he is holding to the leaf. The various colors of green in the image is really pleasing to my eye. Well done.