Ocean Energy II

@Igor_Doncov Hi Igor, many thanks for your comment. This is not an aspect of the image that I had thought of but now that you’ve highlighted it, I see it very strongly and am prompted to think more deeply about the lack of visual markers between the horizon and the sky and how this affects the sense of depth. This is even truer about some other of my images where the sky is completely empty. Very interesting contribution, thank you!

I’ve posted another rework (V2), based on @Diane_Miller’s and @Lon_Overacker’s comments that the cloud lacked detail and that the top portion of the image probably looked a bit flat.

In this version I made the large cloud a little darker with a little more contrast than in the first rework (V1), as well as neutralized a slight blue color cast using a Blur, Average, Invert, Color mode, 10% opacity layer on top of the layers stack.

I quite like the result, in that the sea and sky are now more “connected” and the eye is better kept within the frame, but am not sure about the blue of the sky now. Maybe it’s too washed out, not blue enough?

Grateful for any thoughts! Thanks!