Oklahoma Sunrise

I rushed to get my camera when I saw this sunrise evolving.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 60D, Canon 70-300mm IS USM Zoom @ 225mm, f/8, 1/350 sec., ISO 800, Ev -0.5 step, Handheld. Processed in Canon DPP and PSE 2020 for exposure and color tweaking.

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Glad you did, that’s a really nice effect. I love the way the image layers. The color variation is great, but you might play with reducing the saturation a tad. The large version has a bit of noise that might be worth filtering out.

Thanks, John. I appreciate your comments.

The effect of the clouds is most appealing here. the sun looks almost like a ringed planet. In addition to @John_Williams’ comment about the noise, I would crop or clone out the pink right on the top edge of the image. I think this would give more attention to the rest of the clouds. It’s just a little frame clean-up. You caught the right moment and have a nice capture here.

1 Like

Thanks, Larry. I’m still in search of good noise reduction software.

Terry, The NIK Software package has a pretty good noise reduction program called Dfine2. I also use Imagenomic. If you are using DxO’s Photo Lab, it has amazing noise reduction; the problem is that DxO is expensive and is always asking for money for their updates.

1 Like