Sunrise In NE Oklahoma

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any and all

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any and all

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 60D, Canon 70-300mm IS USM Zoom, Av Mode, f/8, 1/1500sec., ISO 200, Focal Length 70mm, Hand Held

If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Wow, that is some beautiful and dramatic light. I am finding the bright areas along the top are pulling me out of the image and fighting with the lower areas. I would be tempted to crop to something along these lines. That was a special moment.

1 Like

It was an awesome sight! I like what you did with the crop, Harley. I was having issues giving up that little puff of cloud in the upper left corner, but you’re right. I like what you did. Thanks!

Best,
Terry

That’s a wild looking sunrise, Terry. I’m not sure if this is a clearing storm or arriving, but it’s interesting regardless.

1 Like

It was clearing, Dennis, and it was wild! So many colors and shades and degrees of light. I took that shot from my deck.

Definitely an extreme contrast situation and a good job of capturing it, Terry! You got some nice rays and I really like the layered look. Pretty cool that you got to witness all that right from your own deck!

1 Like

What a fine sunrise, Terry. Definitely a “wide and high” prairie sunrise with many fine layers in the clouds. The crepuscular rays in the top half are outstanding.

1 Like

Thanks, Gary! God provided the artwork and Canon provided the means to capture it. I just tried not to mess it up!

Thank you Mark. This scene required almost no post processing. What is there is pretty much the way it came out of the camera.