Remnants of a Stormy Dawn

I photographed this from my deck as the sun rose after a stormy early morning.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 60D, Canon 70-300mm IS USM zoom, f/8, 1/1500 sec., ISO 200. I applied haze removal and a bit of color correction to the image.

3 Likes

Terry, this is quite a vibrant expressive sunrise to wake up to. Lucky you! I am curious about your comment of a “bit of color” correction. . .did you enhance the saturation to match the feel of what you saw?? Like I said, just curious, as it does feel a bit oversaturated, but that is just my taste. It is a lovely sky to see. Very nicely seen and captured.

1 Like

Hi, Linda. Actually, I tried to bring up the yellows so they were less orangey, and deepen the blues a bit.

1 Like

Thanks Terry. It must have been a sight to behold.

1 Like

Terry, that’s an amazing color change from the orange below to the deep blue up top. An amazing sunrise. I’d suggest cloning out that tiny bit of horizon and bit of tree top along the left half of the bottom (that sliver of land might make an interesting addition if it extended the entire length of the bottom).

1 Like

Thanks, Mark. That color change was what awed me about the scene. I left that bit of horizon in there to indicate it WAS a horizon, but I guess it didn’t work very well. :grinning:

Wow, Terry! What a beautiful sunrise, beautifully captured!

1 Like

A spectacular sunrise, Terry. The highlighted cloud fringes are really cool and the crepuscular rays add a lot to the image. Just a glorious sky.

1 Like

@Vanessa_Hill Thanks, Vanessa. It was an amazing sight. I just tried not to mess it up!

@Dennis_Plank Thanks, Dennis. There were so many interesting facets about this scene, as you mention. I’m thankful for the technology to be able to capture at least a little of this glorious sky.

1 Like

Beautifully caught! I love the sun’s rays shining across the blue at the top.

Thank you, Mike. I appreciate your comments.

Excellent sunrise capture. Great job on managing the bright areas, too. No nits here.

1 Like