Glorious sunrise clouds

Took this photo on an early morning walk. Normally we don’t get such spectacular cloud formations in the mornings. I like how the line of the clouds is reflected in the tree line.

Not much post - add a luminosity mask to dodge the clouds/sky just a bit and a curves layer.

Nikon D7200, f/8, 1/100sec., iso 400, @56mm. Hand held.

It really was this intense. Are the colors believable? Any other thoughts, comments??

Thanks.

2 Likes

The colors are certainly believable - we get sunrises like this frequently. I would try bumping the highlights and the overall contrast to give it some sparkle.

1 Like

A lovely sunrise with some really cool clouds to show it off, Linda. I like this as presented.

1 Like

Beautiful clouds and color. The colors look very realistic. It does not have that over-saturated look to my eye.

1 Like

Linda, what a glorious addition to your walk. The color do look realistic with the texture in the clouds and the trees coordinating well.

1 Like

Looks good to me, Linda. We get a lot of these “red dawns” after the passing of a front, and they really do look this spectacularly red, so I am good with the color.

1 Like

Hi Linda! I think it’s beautiful and very realistic. I’ve seen many a sunrise and set like this. I wouldn’t change a thing. Perfect capture!

1 Like

Thank you; @_Kris , @Dennis_Plank , @Harley_Goldman , @Mark_Seaver , @terryb , @Vanessa_Hill and @Ben_van_der_Sande for taking the time to comment and for your kind thoughts.

1 Like

The color looks realistic to my eye, Linda. Looks like the perfect way to start off a new day IMO. I like the diagonals you captured with the clouds and that of the tree line.

1 Like