On a lazy afternoon

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 7D; 500 mm; ISO 400; 1/500 sec. at F 5.6

jagdeeprajputphotographie
3 Likes

Wow, that is awesome. I really like the pose and huge yawn. The foreground oof grasses give it a great mysteriousness.

2 Likes

Nice catch for sure. I wish there were more teeth showing, but things happen fast. Cats are cats no matter how big or wild, I love how their behavior transposes across species. Such great detail here and the soft grasses make a nice frame.

1 Like

I love this, Jagdeep! Such a cute yawn! I love how you got such nice focus through the grasses.

1 Like

The big yawn, the pink tongue and the golden grass surroundings say lazy very well, Jagdeep.

1 Like

I really love this shot, Jagdeep! The clarity, colors and exposure are all perfect and it makes me want to yawn :wink: The grasses actually add to the emotional impact of the scene rather than distract. I do have a question though. Did you use manual focus for this shot?

1 Like

Thanks @Gary_Minish !
I first auto focused, naturally it autofocussed on grasses and then slightly rotating the focus ring manually, while half-pressing the shutter, changed the focus manually. ( as we do in Canon).

1 Like

I was driving by the tide flats today at high tide and saw some Mallard Ducks swimming around in the tall grass. Normally I wouldn’t have even stopped because it was obvious I wouldn’t be able to get a clear shot of a duck. Then I thought about this photo and how I liked the look of the subject completely surrounded by the grass, like you were peaking through it. I stopped and shot a bunch of photos (had to use manual focus for almost all of them) and I’ll see what they look like tomorrow when I sit down to process them. If I get a keeper you might see it in Avian Critiques sometime this week. Thank you for the inspiration :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great @Gary_Minish , that’s how we learn.
I’ll be looking forward to your images :love_you_gesture: