On a misty morning

When the mist is in
Nature speaks to us
We celebrate

In 2015 we had about 80 days with fog. Now in the latest years only 40 and just a few hours in the early morning. But I am happy with the result

Specific Feedback Requested

All feedback is as always more than welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

F11, 0,8, +1, iso64, 24-70 at 28mm

Oooh this is lovely. The strong lines of the branches are great. The structure of the trees is so powerful and determined. It could be my monitor, but I think you could warm the image just a tad and maybe reduce the exposure some. It may bring up some of the details in the shadows. Such a striking image and one I immediately knew was yours!

1 Like

There are a lot of nice curves in this image. I agree that it is readily recognizable as one of your images. The moderators should like this as there is plenty of fog. I might make some of the greens less cyanish a li tale bit.

Ben I like the way you used the fog to create depth and dimension in the image. Fog often creates “mood” in an image, but here not so much. Rather I think the fog plays the more important role of adding depth. It kind of creates variable separation of the tree from the background as you look from left to right. That is an interesting effect.

My suggestions would be to pull down the highlights in the bright patch in the top center, and a wish for slightly more breathing room at the bottom, the tree fells slightly cramped there to me.

This is fantastic, Ben. I really like the choice of what to include in the frame. I also really like the contrast of the wavy limbs in the foreground and the stern trees in the background.

@Kris_Smith , @Igor_Doncov , @David_Bostock , @Ed_McGuirk ,
Thank you all for the advice (suggestions ) about the possibilities with this image.@Ed McGuirk, I like your suggestion about the highlights.