On the Fence

On a late spring day I spent the morning walking around a nature preserve/farm . There were already quite a few baby birds exploring. But this little House Sparrow was getting her nest built and ready for her soon to be family!

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D3400
ISO 450
300mm
f/6.3
1/250

naturenessie

I thought maybe a tighter shot, but, no, the environment is important. Perfect DoF.

1 Like

@Ronald_Murphy thanks!, yeah I would make it tighter if I weren’t entering it in the fence weekly challenge category! :slight_smile:

Vanessa, the surroundings make this view. The sparrow and the long strand of nest material stand out well and tell a good story.

1 Like

The strand of twine really makes this image for me. Excellent image and use of DofF. I might clone out the brighter area along the top edge, but pretty minor. Really well done. Excellent entry for the challenge.

1 Like

Thanks Mark! I’m glad you like it. I was afraid maybe it would get kicked out, since it’s not just about a fence!

Thanks for your input about the bright part. It’s so amazing having other eyes looking at your photos because they catch and see things I don’t. Glad you like it and think it works for the challenge!

Sweet pose with the strand of nesting material!

1 Like