"Apartment "House"" Sparrows!

Last summer I kept hearing what I thought was baby bird chirping and spotted a mother sparrow flying back and forth to her family in a hole on the third story of the apartment house I lived at! I got to watch her care for them and also when they left the nest and were exploring the backyard, they’re so cute!

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D3400
ISO 200
300mm
f/6.3
1/640
Cropped and adjusted shadows

1 Like

Well, that’s about as cute as it can be! I’ve seen them nests all sorts of places, but this is a first! Really nice capture, Vanessa.

1 Like

@terryb Thanks, Terry! I thought they kind of looked like little muppets when they would stick their heads out of their home!

1 Like

That’s a fascinating nest site, Vanessa. Framing the birds higher would add a sense of looking up to see this.

1 Like

Great catch here Vanessa, cuteness galore! Your focus stands up well in the enlargement too…their eyes are nice and sharp. You included enough of their environment so there’s no guessing where their “neigborhood” is, ha ha.

1 Like

Such a cute image, Vanessa. I am so glad that you found where their home was, and able to capture this. Very nice.

1 Like

Thank you, @Mark_Seaver , @Jim_Lockhart and @Shirley_Freeman ! Sorry I took so long to reply.

1 Like