Balancing Act

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Numerous birds nest in our neighborhood. It makes sense to always have the camera with the 100-400 mounted on the desk, ready for use.

When I need a break from working, I grab my camera and see what’s going on outside.
But I didn’t even have to go outside to take the picture.
I had simply opened the window and rested the camera on the windowsill.

I know it’s not the most exotic specimen, but I liked the pose the sparrow made to get some seeds.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback is welcome.

Technical Details

Processed with DxO PureRAW 3, cropping and basic Adjustments in LR, some cleanup in PS.

Hi Jens, this is such a beautiful, simple image. So pensive! The sharpness of the bird contrasts so nicely with the softness of the background

1 Like

I really like this, Jens. The depth of field is perfect with just the tip of the tail slightly soft and creating that lovely smooth background. I really like the plants that form the perch as well.

1 Like

Oh wow, Jens, what a shot of this cute little bird. Excellent details in the feathers.

1 Like

Hi Jens, great pose you caught - love the feet grasping separate stems. Nice head turn with a good look at the eye. Fine details on the bird. Complimentary BG also. A really fine image.

1 Like

Beautiful colours and habitat to show off the details of this lovely sparrow. To be very picky I wish there was a bit of separation between the beak and the stem as I wasn’t sure at first if the bird was touching the stem for some reason so a small distraction from the overall impression. (Hope that makes sense). But being a sparrow, I bet it didn’t sit for long! A beautiful image.

1 Like

@claudia1, @Dennis_Plank, @Shirley_Freeman, @Allen_Sparks, @Robena.Sirett
Thank you all for your feedback and your kind words.

Yes, that makes total sense. I just checked the other shots from this series. But this picture is the best I have.

Yes, absolutely. They are really hectic little guys.

1 Like

I think all the points have been well-covered, so I’ll just say nice catch!

1 Like

What a fabulous image!!! It’s spot-on sharp, and you caught such a unique position. As someone else noted, have the sharp bird against that soft BG is perfect!!! Well done!

really nice catch. I like the centered image which is unusual for me the background and surroundings Do a great job of making the bird stand out in all its wonderful detail

@GennyK, @David_Schoen
Thank you very much for your feedback and your kind comment.