On the Way to the Moors

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 7D, 10-22 @ 10, 1/200 @ f14, ISO 250

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

A Spring scene on the old English country estate of Lyme Park, along a pathway leading to rolling moorland.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Ian, this is another lovely pastoral spring scene in your recent series. I really like the arrangement of trees in your composition, they do a really good job of re-inforcing the leading line of the path. I’m kind of a stickler for wanting to have leading lines actually lead the viewer’s eye to something interesting, as opposed to just having a leading line to nowhere. When I saw the smaller thumbnail, I wondered if that would be an issue, but when I opened the larger image, I had that ahah moment of seeing the two people, and was fine.

Processing looks good to me, color, contrast, dynamic range. While I like the inclusion of the sheep into this pastoral scene, I might consider cloning away the large bright sheep on the far left, it’s bright enough that it can pull my eye away from the path.

A quite well considered composition with rare and pleasant offering of patchy sunlight. Patchy is rare, could be the word.
The left edge (top corner, big sheep) is maybe assuming to much attention.
Well done, Very nice.
TY

Ian,

Lovely scene. I think my favorite of yours from this area. You’ve really maximized the potential from here. The path of course is a great lead-in and I like how you’ve filled the frame pretty much with the trees - this is nicely balanced.

Not nits or suggestions. Very nicely framed, captured and presented.

Lon

A beautiful, apparently simple, pastoral scene. I love the meandering of the road. The light is splendid and the shadows of the leaves on the ground are captivating. Seems to be there, seems a painting that invites you to enter in it and… then who knows what happens!

Ian, what can I say about this then " to me an almost sereen image". That is because of the silent road, the sheep and just the great composition. I wonder where the road is leading to , my feeling says there is more behind the small hills. Fine art.

Ian,
As much as I enjoyed the other images from this area I think this one is the best. This just looks like a wonderful day to take a stroll and great some fresh air while enjoying the surroundings. The grouping of trees works beautifully with the meandering pathway as it takes me into the scene. I did not notice the two people until opening the larger version; they make a nice point of reference on the pathway. The dappled light works very well as do the clouds. Thoroughly enjoyable scene.

Those sheep look like they were posing for you leading off into the distance. The couple walking, although small in the frame is a added bonus.
:vulcan_salute:

Ian, this is a beautiful, inviting scene. The path invites me to go for a stroll just to see what’s over the crest of the hill.