Only Clouds

I met friends out in Carrizo Plains for a night. We had some nice clouds, but the direction for them provided no foreground. As they got better and better, I decided to do a cloud portrait. Something different for me. Many did not work as the shutter speed was too slow (should have bumped the ISO up from 64), but these clouds generally look reasonably sharp to my old eyes.

Nikon D810, 70-200mm

1 Like

Harley, beautiful stand alone sky and clouds. A wonderful site all of us would enjoy seeing during any of our field outings…:+1:

This has a nice and peaceful mood. I like the floating clouds and soft, yet well saturated look of them. I also like the color gradient going from warm to cool.

This says, “Look at me, and feel the calm”.

Nicely done, @Harley_Goldman.
-P

Yeah, peaceful comes to mind. Nicely balanced comp. and gradient from light to dark provides some depth to the image. Processing looks good to me.

Very nice work Harley. It took me a while to come around on this one. This talks to me. It’s subtle, and that appeals to me.

Gorgeous clouds and sky Harley. No reason not to shoot them.

Very peaceful and sublime image Harley. This would look great blown up and hung on a wall somewhere. I think this would make a nice pano as well if you cropped of the top third but as is, it’s very nice too.

Absolutely beautiful light. I am of the bent that given good light, anything looks good, and these clouds really are looking phenomenal.