Otter Love

I was at the Hatchery trying for some decent photos of Sea Lions when a couple Sea Otters showed up. I got a number of individual shots and then all of a sudden they both came together and started making out right in front of me! This is just one shot that picked out of a series of 10 that I just posted in the Wildlife Showcase.

Technical Details

Sony a6500, FE70200GM @ 198 mm, ISO-200, f/2.8, 1/2500, hand held.

@garyminish

1 Like

Very cool and very cute, Gary. Great catch. Excellent detail and I like the composition. I just looked at the Showcase and it’s really a great sequence.

How cute. Great shot.

Love it, Gary! Otters are such fun, cute animals and you caught them at their best! Nice details.

I like the crispness of the focus and the subject matter. Nice job. I, too am in Alaska and see these guys a lot. As for any suggestions, if anything, I’d blur slightly the waves outside an elliptical and use a little dodging on the heads to highlight the action.

Beautiful moment, very well executed !
Are they both adults or mother and baby< just curious to know.

Thanks, Jagdeep. As far as I could tell, they were both full adult size plus the behavior was more aggressive/passionate than what I’ve observed with parents & children.