Out of the Blue

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

A friend and I went out to the Everglades for an afternoon of exploring, and then a sunset. This was our last stop before heading to our sunset location. We were taking a break on a bench, on this boardwalk trail (mostly trying to cool off). There was the most unusual cloud formation developing, so I got up off the bench, turned around to grab my camera out of my bag, and BOOM, this was going on behind us! We both sprang to life and started shooting, not knowing how long this would last. I couldn’t believe the positioning. It was almost perfect. And it lasted quite a long time too.

This was taken around 6:30pm in mid-June. Sunset wouldn’t be for at least 2 more hours, so we were shooting in pretty harsh daylight light. The storm-cloud that formed this rainbow was to the left of the image. If it had been further west (right of the image) it may have given off some great storm light between us and the sun. But, nothing is perfect.

Specific Feedback

I welcome all feedback, of course.
I haven’t shared here in a LONG time and thought that getting back into it with the weekly theme would be a good start.
If anyone sees anything that could improve it, please, let me have it. I’m not offended easily so pick away. :grin: Thanks everyone!

Technical Details

Camera Nikon Z6
Lens Nikkor Z 24-70 f4 S
Shutter speed 1/500th of a second
Aperture F14
ISO 100
At 43mm
Processed in Lightroom only.

2 Likes

Perfect! No nits from me. It’s amazing how sometimes something just makes us turn around at the right time. Welcome back!

1 Like

Barbara, the arc of the bow fits the rest of the scene perfectly. It’s a very tropical scene.

1 Like

I know! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: It’s something I say all the time “keep your head on a swivel” lol. Thanks so much Diane! Glad to be back and participating again.

Thanks Mark! Appreciate that. Tropical for sure. :palm_tree: