Oversight

Critique Style Requested: Initial Reaction

Please share your immediate response to the image before reading the photographer’s intent (obscured text below) or other comments. The photographer seeks a genuinely unbiased first impression.

Questions to guide your feedback

I should have picked “Standard Critique” please click on the blurred information below to see details.

Other Information

Please leave your feedback before viewing the blurred information below, once you have replied, click to reveal the text and see if your assessment aligns with the photographer. Remember, this if for their benefit to learn what your unbiased reaction is.

Image Description

I was at the base of the cliffs, trying to get close enough to the mountain goats to get a decent shot when this one suddenly showed up directly above me.

Technical Details

Sony a6500, FE200600G @ 600mm (900mm w/crop factor), ISO-400, f/6.3, 1/640, hand held.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback is always appreciated.

In my world mountain goat shots are usually from a very long distance, so when I saw this I was delighted to see that you were able to get so close. I like everything about it. Needs to be viewed at largest. Even the goat’s coat is clean. Tiniest nit: small branch in URC. Great image.

Gary, Mtn Goats always seem to be “way up high”. This captures the upward view very well, with the white goat standing out nicely against the rugged grey rocks.