Wait For Me!

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

We were hiking the up from Cascade Pass in North Cascades National Park about a month ago. There were several groups of Mountain Goats casually walking among the many hikers. Most hikers were from out of state escaping the heat and really enjoyed the experience.

This young goat was just a short distance from mom and dad but I was happy to get her isolated. The shot below is of the whole family and was taken just a few minutes earlier.

Specific Feedback

It was just past noon on a very sunny, “blue bird sky” day, so managing the light was a challenge. Any suggestions on that and composition concerns would be appreciated. Of course all comments are appreciated.

Technical Details

D850, 70-200 @ 98mm, f8, 1/800 sec., ISO 400, handheld

1 Like

Steve: midday light on a bright and sunny day is always a challenge and we just have to live with it or go to extraordinary lengths in post. I like that you captured the young goat in mid step and that you shown the goat in its envoronment. One thing to consider is to burn the diagonal band of stone in the LRC or crop it as it is a distraction.