The day ahead

Image:

Description: Contemplating the day ahead during the early morning.

Specific Feedback Requested:

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

7 Likes

This is a nice shot of a mountain goat having a peaceful sunrise moment! The light is great and there is good detail on the goat. The large version is particularly nice as it has more presence. It would be nice to see your technical details and equipment you were using.

1 Like

Martha, the lighting and layers in your photo are stunning. What a moment it must be to witness such beauty before your eyes. Well done!

1 Like

Great light and composition. Just the right amount of dark so that the feeling of the picture is airy

1 Like

This is wonderful Martha! Looks so quiet and peaceful.

1 Like

Hi Gary, Thank you! I should have posted technical details. Here you go:

Camera - NikonD810 ( I need a new camera! This one is failing) :frowning:
Lens: Tamron 100-400 - Lens setting @ 125mm

Exp & ISO: 1/640 sec at f /5.0, ISO 500

Thank you, @EgĂ­dio, @jorma, and @Glenn_Tunaley It was a beautiful and chilly morning.

1 Like

Gorgeous lighting and composition!

1 Like

Lovely warm tones here, Martha. I think the sidelight works really well to add depth to the image by highlighting a few slivers of rock here and there. Seeing the catchlight in the goat’s eye in your larger version was a cherry on top!

1 Like

Wow! The story here is just so fabulous…greeting a new day, and a new world. Fantastic and epic image.

1 Like

Thank you for the technical info Martha. That adds a some detail about your experience as 125mm means you were very close to this goat!

1 Like

Yes!! Not super close, but close enough. This is one of the photos from that day.

2 Likes

Wonderful!! What an amazing point of view with a gorgeous subject in great light and simple but very strong BG! Very well done!

1 Like

Thank you all! It was a fun morning, for sure. Sleep can wait haha @Diane_Miller @Gary_Minish @Mark_Muller @Max_Waugh @Marie_SalmeronSerrano

Other than perhaps having a bit more space on the right hand side/bottom as the Mountain Goat is a bit tight with the edge of the canvas there really isn’t much to add here as the layering effect and sense of habitat is fantastic as is the lighting.

Thank you! I should look at my raw file. I don’t remember if I cropped it. Maybe something I can easily fix. Thanks!

1 Like

Wow, Martha, it must have been awesome to actually be there and come upon this mountain goat! Love how you were able to capture the goat from behind with the implications of both of you watching the sunrise, greeting the day together. You really made it into a perfect composition. Looks like an amazing place and hike.

1 Like