Scenic Rest

This is an old photo taken with an obsolete camera (Sony DSC-R1) in 2009. I had won the Denali National Park lottery for a drive through with your private vehicle and made the tour with a friend. The R1 was a fixed lens camera and didn’t have much zoom so if I shot wildlife it pretty much had to be wildlife landscapes :grin: This is one of those shots.

Specific Feedback Requested

I could crop the bottom of this into more of a panorama (it’s already cropped to 16x9) but I would lose most of the little section of valley floor at the bottom right which is what provides the elevation reference. So the question is: crop or don’t crop?

Technical Details

Sony DSC-R1, 66.9mm, ISO-160, f/8.0, 1/800, hand held.

2 Likes

Really beautiful mountain scene, Gary! And the mountain goat’s are so sharp even though far away! My only crop suggestion would be just a bit off the left and even less off the bottom. It would keep the valley but get rid of some parts that don’t seem to add much to the grandeur and bring the goats a little closer. Just my thoughts. Beautiful capture!

Spectacular scene Gary! I don’t think it needs to be cropped personally. Nice work!