Scenic Break

I keep forgetting about this “Human & Fauna” category! I have hundreds of photos of our various dogs throughout the years since I started digital photography, mostly taken during dog walks/hiking on Thompson Pass, near Valdez, Alaska where I live. This is one of my favorites of Deva (a Great Pyrenees) when she was a puppy in 2003. We stopped for a break while hiking up the mountain and she posed perfectly while she enjoyed the view and rested!

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback is always appreciated.

Technical Details

Sony DSC-F707, 9.7 mm (38.1 mm w/crop factor), ISO-100, f/8.0, 1/500, hand held. This was a 5 megapixel fixed lens camera that had a Zeiss lens and was pretty amazing for it’s time!

3 Likes

What a cute pup, Gary! And she really looks like she belongs in that beautiful mountain landscape. You could do pet photography! It would be a photo any proud pet owner would cherish!

Gary, what a wonderfully peaceful scene here. You have to figure most ANY dog would love to be out there taking all this in… :dog:

Everything is A+ here – model, scenery, processing…! Excellent!!

Excellent image, Gary. Sometimes those fixed lens cameras really do the trick. The composition works very well in this one.

Awesome image, Gary. This reminds me of @Harley_Goldman shot of his lab, Tioga last year. Terrific pose and beautiful setting. I keep forgetting about this category as well. What a great day the 2 of you had that day. Fond memories, I’m sure!