Deva - Mountain Puppy

Another favorite photo of the late Deva when she was still a puppy. Taken above Thompson Pass during one of our regular dog hikes. She sure seemed to have a knack for posing :grin:

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback is appreciated

Technical Details

Sony DSC-F707, 9.7mm, ISO-100, f/8.0, 1/500, hand held.

1 Like

Oh she was gorgeous! I just want to smoosh her. At least before she got big enough to smoosh me, lol. Terrific pose and setting.

What a wonderful scene, Gary. You have to know she enjoyed this area and the hikes you shared together.
One of my favorite quotes was by Will Rogers: โ€œIf there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.โ€
โ€ฆme too, Will.
btw: I shared a flight on Wien Airlines F-27 Turbo-Prop back in the late 60โ€™s with Will Rogers Jr. I was on a flight from Anchorage with whistle stops in Bethel-McGrath on the way to Fairbanks. We parted ways in Fairbanks as I was headed to Fort Yukon and he was headed to Pt. Barrow where his father and Wiley Post crashed.

Beautiful pup caught in a rather regal pose. :+1:

Paul; Thank you for your comment about dogs! Also, youโ€™re account of your Alaska travels reminded me that Noel Wein was a cousin of my Grandmother!

1 Like

Truly a small world back in those days. As I recall Wein, Aleutian, and Alaska airlines were the primary civilian carriers. Our crew flew both civilian and military flights depending upon our schedules.

Another excellent image, Gary. Those old point and shoots could really give some great depth of field.

Dennis; Yes, f/8.0 with that 2/3 sensor was probably equivalent to at least f/13 on a full frame camera. The F707 was quite impressive for a 5 mpixel camera. One of the reasons I chose it as my first digital camera was that it had a Zeiss lens. I was a surveyor for many years and had used transits & levels from almost all of the major camera manufacturers but was always amazed at the optical resolution of the Zeiss equipment. The clarity was far superior to all the other instruments I had used. I never regretted that choice as that little camera captured many amazingly sharp, clear images over the years that I used it.

1 Like